19 March 2015

Veggie Sushi Rolls

Sushi is not something we eat very often. But the hubby has been craving sushi lately. Since we don't have the opportunity to  leave all 3 kids home and go somewhere nice whenever we want, I decided search the internet for information on making easy sushi rolls. I discovered making sushi rolls is pretty easy. You just need some seeweed, fermented rice, and veggies.  The fermented  rice is pretty simple to make and just needs sugar and some rice wine vinegar.  I'll let you in on a secret. I forgot to buy the rice wine vinegar when I was at the store so I used apple cider vinegar instead. That's what I had in my cupboard and I think it worked just fine.  We've already made sushi rolls a couple of times and I forsee making them a lot over the summer. The first time I used cucumber, bell peper, and carrot for my veggies. I wanted to use avocado, but my avacado was rock hard and not edible. The second time around, I had a much riper avocado, so we did cucumber, bell pepper, and avocado.  Both combinations tasted great, but I liked the second combination better.

If you need help figuring out how to construct and roll the sushi I found this video on youtube and thought it was pretty helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phBFVm0gNaI

Veggie Sushi Rolls

  • 2 cup cooked rice
  • 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Veggies cut into long strips: 
    • Cucumber, carrot, avacado, bell pepper, streamed asparagus, etc.
  • Seaweed
Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour vinegar mixture over rice and a mix.  
Place one sheet of seawead on a towel. Spead a thin layer of rice over seaweed, leaving about one inch of top edge uncovered. Place veggie strips at bottom edge of seaweed. Tightly roll seaweed around veggies, using water to help seal edge of seaweed closed. If needed use the towel to help roll tightly and evenly. Cut itno 1" pieces. If desired serve with soy sauce and wasabi.




16 comments :

  1. Kathiroll is one of my favourites! Yours looks great :) I make it often as i never manage to set paneer properly and get a crumbled one, making it perfect for this! chowringhee kathi roll

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put truly extremely accommodating data. Continue blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome motivating article. I am practically satisfied

    ReplyDelete
  4. Motivating article. I am practically satisfied with your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello very nice article!! Excellent & Wonderful. I’ll bookmark this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool, some valid points! I appreciate you making this article

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this great blog. this is here, the few months

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for share your information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah! It’s simple article, yet effective. Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing excellent information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is incredibly charming substance! I have taken a lot of joy.

    ReplyDelete

  12. "Thanks for posting this, it was unbelievably informative and helped me a lot. Well-written blog post.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Hello there thanks for sharing post that are helpful

    ReplyDelete

  14. The contents are masterpiece. you’ve performed a wonderful job in this topic!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...