03 September 2012

Chocolate Cherry Cake Bars

My husband is one of the scout masters at church. They were preparing for a Court of Honor and he volunteered to bring the refreshments. This recipe was the first thing that came to mind. It's easy. It's delicious. It serves a lot of people. I was first introduced to this recipe by my mom. I guess she was introduced to it by Betty Crocker. Remember how I said it serves a lot of people? The recipe on the Betty Crocker website says is makes 48 servings. This is because it is made in a 10"x15"x1" pan. Well, I usually go a little bit bigger and use a pan around 12"x17"x1" and it turns out great.

Chocolate Cherry Cake Bars
  • 1 box chocolate cake mix (any flavor of chocolate will do)
  • 1 can (21oz) cherry pie filling
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 bag (12 oz sized bag) mini semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 Tub chocolate frosting
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease and flour 15x10x1-inch or spray with baking spray with flour (regular cooking spray works fine too.). In large bowl, mix together dry cake mix, pie filling, eggs and chocolate chips. Spread batter in pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cut into 8 rows of 6.
Cake fresh out of the oven
Cake with a gooey layer of frosting
Cut in to bars. Yummy!

3 comments :

  1. This looks so yummy! New follower- can't wait to see what other good things you've got on here!

    http://www.sewingourlifetogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,
    This is a wonderful chocolate treat, it looks delicious! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...